Friday, February 11, 2005

Soulard

I love Soulard Market!! I had a meeting this morning in Benton Park and so I stopped by the market on my way home. There is a great selection of fresh and cheap produce, plus I feel like I'm supporting local farmers instead of large corporations. Altogether a rewarding experience :O)

Small things like a farmer's market can change the whole character of a neighborhood - isn't that wonderful. Community development and civic engagement are fascinating to me.
I would love to have an island and set up a new country. Ever read Utopia? ;o)
J/K, but I really would like an island.

I would actually prefer to keep it a secret from the rest of the world and retreat there a few times a month. That reminds me of a movie, the name escapes me.......Leonardo Dicaprio (sp?) plays the lead role. These young adults have set up there own government basically, where anyone who finds the island can live there and obey the rules or get killed.
Weird movie, but I kind of liked it.

St. Louis is really growing on me. I hope I don't get sucked in, as so many assured me I would. Oh well, I guess I could really live anywhere and be happy. There are always things to love. I need to find a quiet retreat not to far from my U. City apartment.....some kind of lake or pond. I'm thinking quiet, secluded and beautiful.

Though I am starting to like St. Louis, I have the feeling that I will never really settle anywhere. There are so many places I want to live and things I want to experience. I think I could honestly travel for the rest of my life and never get tired of it. Every state in the U.S., Italy, Nepal, India, Belize, Brazil, Honduras, Japan, Germany, Africa.......just to name a few at the top of the list.

Man. I am ready to go somewhere! I am so excited to see what God has planned for me. Maybe I will live in a tent in South Africa, or maybe I'll stay in a villa in Venice, or Rome or ?!?!?! Everywhere! Anywhere!

Hmmm......apparently I have a stronger desire to travel than I normally acknowledge. Then again, it might just be the day.
That's the problem with emotions - they change all the time.

Today:
emotions - high
heart - peaceful
head- busy

soul- anxious , longing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home