Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Home for the Holidays

YEA! I am flying home in just a few short hours. How happy I will be to see my family and friends! It has been August since I have seen any of them or been home. There is just something about home (more on this later). Not only do I miss home, but (and I never thought I would say this) I miss the South. I miss the way people talk, having men open my doors, and people that I will never know waving at me. There was a guy from Atlanta, GA at DR Sunday night and I was drawn to him immediately because of his accent. I guess that is when I really had to admitt to myself that I kind of like and miss the south. Although, if I had to choose a state it would probably not be Alabama.
Okay, I am running short on time and it would be a major holiday tragedy to miss my flight so...
Let me just give props to a few of my good St. Louis friends that almost make me not want to leave. I have no idea what this past semester would have been like for me without them. Katie and Jamie, first of all, are awesome. They made me the most special Christmas gift ever- more details to come. Also, Roach for serving as my personal editor (what might my grades look like without him ?!?) and Garner for his daily walk to school and general support. I will miss the entire DR crew, but at least they aren't meeting until I return. :O)
Okay, I will finish this later......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home