Saturday, February 05, 2005

Friends

See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. Hebrews 3:12-13 NIV

"encourage one another daily" - Do I encourage my friends daily? What about my enemies?

Friend is a powerful word. How do we really decide which people will be our friends and which will be mere acquaintances, - or worse yet, enemies? People always group up, its natural. Still sometimes I feel like I'm missing out only hang around a select few. Everyone has something wonderful and unique to bring to the table, its a shame to miss out.

The problem is that you can have too many friends. It's true - at least too many close friends. Friendship requires investment of time, emotions, and love. Giving 100% of yourself to a large number of people can be taxing.

Well, God knows who we need in our life and who we don't. I really should trust God more and analyze less. What do I know anyway.........?!


The point of this rambling is that we should encourage one another. If you hang with me sometimes and I don't do this - please bring it to my attention. All of you are wonderful! Why else would you take time from your busy days to read such non-sense ;o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home