Friday, December 17, 2004

Faithful

God is faithful.
Even though I pray expectantly(Psalm 5:3), I get surprised when God provides for me - its strange. Of course, there is a lot of patience that goes into letting God provide, and I must admit that I don't possess that naturally. I am very task oriented most of the time, especially when it comes to crisis - large or small. Waiting on the Lord can be difficult and sometimes its easier to rationalize things to myself. Of course, I always regret that because it doesn't work out right and I end up doubling the work for myself. Its kind of like when there is a huge traffic jam. There are always those people that just can't wait so they drive up the emergency lane. Then they take all the back roads to reach their destination. They usually arrive later than the person who waited on traffic. Its like it kills them to sit still and they would rather be moving even if it takes longer. In life, I am one of those people more often than I would like to admit.
Ah, self-reflection - both wonderful and depressing. Something for me to work on.

"Wait for the Lord and keep his way" ~ Psalm 37:34
"I wait for you O Lord; you will answer.." ~ Psalm 38:15
"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry." ~ Psalm 40:1


until....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home