Wednesday, February 16, 2005

me?

I'm sick and tired of being me. Waking up everyday to the same weaknesses and shortcomings. Watching the same struggles end the same way, over and over again.
I would like to trade lives with someone just for a little while. To wake up tomorrow with a petite figure, or with a quick wit, or a complete dedication to the Lord - to possess artistic talent, a beautiful voice, or have at least some unique and defining feature. To be one of those people that I see never messing up or that seems to have everything together. To wake up as one of those that I admire and respect so much.
I know that nobody is as together as they seem from the outside, but just to trade struggles for a while. What are their thoughts like - as unclear as mine? Perhaps. But maybe they really do have it together; maybe they're happy, content.

I am sick of tension between brothers and sisters in Christ. I am sick of fakeness and masks. I am sick of feeling so disenchanted. I am sick of being guilty of all these things.

Why do I write things like this on my blog instead of clever and funny anecdotes or political opinions? Anecdotes are much more entertaining and let's be honest - no one really wants to read about, or cares about my junk. Everyone has their own junk to worry with, why read about someone else's? Blah blah blah.........Whatever - I don't care. This is me and unfortunately I am stuck as an over analytical, neurotic, and random person. Crazy? Maybe some think so, and maybe they're right. I certainly feel that way sometimes when I am overly stressed or emotional. Women!?!? ;o)

Same old struggles. I don't want to stumble anymore, but I equally don't want to self-reflect anymore. I am sick of looking at me - the ugliness and emptiness.

Life is disheartening lately and I have to ask myself, "What am I doing all this for?"
What really matters in my life? ...............I'm exhausted. I feel that I have no time for real things.

Alas, I don't care and don't want to think about it. I'm sure you don't either.

I concede.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home