Monday, September 12, 2005

Re

"It's been a while." ~Staind

To say that returning to St. Louis after three weeks with my family in Alabama was difficult is a tremendous understatement. I miss them. At the same time, I missed many things about St. Louis while I was there. How tragic that each gain entails a loss- for now anyway. (see C.S. Lewis: The Great Divorce)
Situations and emotions such as these facinate me, and tempt me to waste endless hours analyzing life, priorities, choices, the value of loss etc... Alas, I have no time for hog wash such as that right now. Unfortunately, the trip back to STL entailed losing all back porch swing time. It is the regular hustle and bustle of school/work now.

Okay,.....Because I am weak and quickly becoming a master of procrastination, I will entertain one quick thought before I dash to class: Is there really such a thing as loss? Is each end truly only a new beginning? I mean what do you actually lose if you gain?...........
..................Okay, perhaps this is a silly thought. Of course you lose things. The real question is: If we (by whatever standard) gain more than is lost, have we experienced real loss?

Blah Blah Blah.....on another note.......what possesses me to think of things like this in the middle of a beautiful and sunny afternoon? Surely, I was dropped on my head as a child.

1 Comments:

Blogger Linz said...

Welcome Back Shell.

You were missed

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home