Sunday, July 03, 2005

Smelly

So I was at Walmart the other night and this guy walked up to my car window before I could get out. At first I was a little afraid, but then he started trying to sell me perfume. I politely declined and he said in a sarcastic tone, "What, don't you wear perfume?" I thought to myself for a moment and could honestly reply "No, actually I don't."
I do have fragrances that I like and would wear, but I haven't in a long time for whatever reason. Of course, I didn't say all that. I just walked away.

Two things happened after that event which I feel are worth mentioning. First, Jim Garner was telling me about his trip to Russia and handed me a note from one of the other people on the trip. It said something about being the aroma of Christ and how they hoped he was "extra smelly" today. I thought that was cute. I really like the idea of being the aroma of Christ.

Second, this morning I read:
But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life. And who is equal to such a task? Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, like men sent from God. 2 Corinthians 2:14-17

So, its sill, but I keep thinking of how I put on the fragrance of Christ every morning when He renews me. I guess I do wear perfume......glad its not obnoxiously stinky. Then again, I guess it is to some.

1 Comments:

Blogger J said...

Time to update! We miss having you around.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home