Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Bueller? Bueller?

WEll, the semester is booming. I am busy busy busy, but I am tragically unmotivated. If only I wouldn't procrastinate so much then maybe I could add something intelligent to my class discussions. Things as they are, skimming the chapters an hour before class doesn't really prepare me to add something innovative or thought provoking to any subject. In addition, my quality state education didn't really prepare me with the knowledge-base needed to shine among my ivy league classmates without proper preparation. As evident in this blog, I lack the correct vocabulary to even express my own views correctly sometimes. This deficiency is magnified in the context of a class where we analyze others' views, many of whom often speak what seems to be a different language entirely. Some might refer to this as pretentious or snobby talk. Okay, I refer to it as that, but whatever. It makes me feel better :O)
What's really upsetting is that I truly am interested in the assigned readings and topics of discussion. I would like to have a grasp of all the information presented in my classes - that is after all why I signed up for them. Who doesn't want to be an intelligent and a prepared professional? I mean, that is why most of us choose schools that have an excellent reputation in our field of study versus ones that advertise being a party/easy school.

Enough extra thinking for the day. I am going to try and prepare for my evening class in case I am called on to lead discussion. I know?! Isn't that stressful...........especially for those lazy few who chose to read a leisure book last night instead of the articles about economic growth and globalization. What are you looking at?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home