Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Wisdom

Wisdom is completely different than intelligence, but I would say that the more wisdom you gain the smarter you become. Overall, there is really no comparison though.
"Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all that you have, get understanding." ~Pr. 4:7
The best part is that you don't have to pay high tuition to attain wisdom - simply ask God and he will give it freely. This is amazing to me and I can't understand why I don't pray about this more. I can never have enough wisdom.
"For the Lord gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding." ~ Pr. 2:6

A week or so ago I blogged about knocking and God answering....how true.
He has since then answered my prayers in the most amazing ways that I never expected. Looking back over the past month, I can see the times when I was down and not doing so well were the times when I was not focusing on God and petitioning him for the right things. He always knows what is right and I need to trust him more. I tend to get "stressed out" over little things in my life even though I know it is a waste of emotions. God commands me not to worry and to trust in him because he is sufficient and can provide all my needs. When I give things to God, everything turns out as it should.
I don't want to be one of those people that is always stressed out or worried about something. Instead I want to be steadfast and secure in God, no matter what the situation is. That is one way we can be set apart as a light - to be confident and not worry when everyone else is, because we know that God is in control
.
I love God. He is merciful and patient with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home