Saturday, November 27, 2004

Ah

I spent last night and most of today with two good friends, Lewis and Gray. We had a "slumber party" last night and then shopped the majority of today. Shopping is so exhausting and it's not hard for me to remember why I usually opt out. It was due for me to go though - I desperately needed some jeans, which I got ;o). It was such a fun girl time....we should really do it more often. The best part was that we spent time together in prayer and it just felt like God was lifting us up the whole time. This provided some eye openings for me...one was about a struggle that I am just now owning up to, the other was a realization of freedom related to that struggle. Good friends with good and honest advice are hard to find - I'm lucky.
Speaking of great people...Roach cooked dinner for me and Lew tonight. It was yummy and his company is always inspiring. We all share a love for books and music so there was plenty to keep us chatting. When him and Lew get together they are hilarious..they feed off each other or something. I can tell they grew up around one another.

It's funny to me how we pick and choose little things (characteristics, habits, quirks) from different people and store them away as what we're looking for in "the one." The whole concept of "the one" has become a blur to me. Perhaps I have let past experiences effect me more than I thought.........or maybe I am just afraid of setting myself up for disappointment. Whatever the case, this idea of the one is not a subject that I wish to contemplate anytime soon. This lack of desire to overthink and analyze the notion may very well be God helping me out and telling me to wait on him. Recently, I have very little desire to consider men or dating or many other things that usually pass through my mind at least once a day - I wonder what God is doing......I love it when he is working on me. There is so much more work to be done, but thankfully, he doesn't give up. Dominating my thoughts lately has been working on correcting my flaws and growing in my relationship with the Lord.....they go hand in hand.
Will I ever be even a small piece of what God can make me?
Father, help me surrender everything to you. For you know me better than I know myself and you desire for me to be happy. God,
I love you so much, but it is still less than what it should be. Help me fall in complete love and awe of you. - Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home