Sunday, March 02, 2008

Bubbles

I was sitting in traffic a few days ago going very very slow, as usual. While I was inching along it started to drizzle. It's strange, but I love rain so much that it can actually distract me. So...I started looking around at other cars etc... As I was scanning the other cars and drivers, I noticed that it looked like everyone was just sitting there in a giant bubble. Each person was staring forward, some on their cell phones, others just sitting. How sad, I thought, that we are all so close to one another and yet so guarded by our bubbles. I wondered how many of those people were lonely and longing for someone to talk to them or touch them.
People need other people. It's just true. We may not want it to be true. We may act like it isn't true, but it is...
I wish that the US was more communal. Ya know? I think it would really aid in promoting love and peace over hostility and hate. It seems much more difficult to be cruel toward someone with whom you've had personal contact.
So I was thinking about all the bubbles I have around my life. I wake up in my own room & get ready in my own bathroom (bubble 1), I get in my car by myself (bubble 2), I arrive at work and go directly to my office (bubble 3)....I could go on for hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home